2017 LNSC TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
The 2017 tournament season has ended. The 2018 schedule will be added and distributed to members this coming January.
ANYONE WEIGHING FISH MUST BE IN THE WEIGH-IN BOUY AREA AT THE TOURNAMENTS END TIME!
LAKE NORFORK STRIPER CLUB 2017 GENERALTOURNAMENT RULES
1. LNSC tournaments will be confined to the boundaries of Lake Norfork.
2. All USCG, AGFC, and MDOC rules and regulations must be followed.
3. Anyone ticketed for violation will be disqualified and ineligible for club tournaments for 1 year.
4. Anyone breaking the tournament rules as set by the tournament committee will be disqualified and ineligible for tournaments for 1 year.
5. Only LNSC family members and children 18 years old and under (and/or still in High School) may fish club tournaments. Children must be registered and pay the same entry fee as adults. Children compete as equals with adults and are eligible for the same prizes.
6. Starting times will be posted for each tournament on the tournament schedule. You may be on the water 30 min. before official starting time but you may not have a line in the water until the starting time.
7. A minimum of 10 entrants are needed to hold a tournament. In the event, there are fewer than 10 entrants, the event will be cancelled. In the event a tournament is cancelled; all attempts will be made to hold it one week later if we meet the 10-entrant minimum.
8. For all tournaments, Stripers & Hybrids are treated equally, i.e. 20 in. min. length.
9. Entry fee for all one day tournaments will be $5 per person. The entry fee for the two-day tournaments will be $10 per person.
10. The payback at all tournaments will be 100% of the entry money: 50% for 1st place, 30% for 2nd place, 20% for 3rd place. Payout will only be for the places awarded. If no fish are weighed-in (in any category), the entry fee for that category will go to LNSC treasury to help defray the cost of the drawing prize which is awarded regardless of weigh-in results. (No fish weighed in all moneys will go to the LNSC treasury.)
11. The prize drawing will be held at the weigh in. Registered and paid-up entrants must be present at the weigh in to get a ticket for the drawing. For two day tournaments, the prize drawing will be done at the picnic. All entrants must be present at the picnic.
12. All entrants must register with the tournament director no later than 5:00 p.m. of the evening before each tournament, either by-mail, phone call, or in person.
13. If you register, you must pay even if you end up not fishing. Entrants must pay by the time of the weigh-in. If entry fees are not paid promptly, entrant will be ineligible to fish future tournaments until after delinquent payment is made. No refunds except for a cancelled tournament. All pre-paid entries for cancelled tournaments will be returned or credited toward the next scheduled tournament, your choice.
14. There will be a Point System to determine the "Angler of the Year". It is as follows:
- 10 points for entering tournament.
- 1 point for each ounce of your total fish weight. Applies only to your largest fish in the single day tournaments. In 2 day tournaments, points will be awarded for up to a maximum of 3 fish total.
- Points will be awarded per placing in the top 5 for each tournament: 10 points for 1st place; 8 points for 2nd place; 6 points for 3rd place; 4 points for 4th place; and 2 points for 5th place.
Rules and/or dates may be subject to change by the tournament committee if needed. Check the tournament schedule for more information. Decision of the Tournament Director is final.
If a storm approaches, play it safe and get to shelter. Use your own judgment.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR - Forrest (Moose) West email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 870/847-4088
Tournament results are covered in depth (no pun intended) in our monthly newsletters located on this website.