Our next Tournament will be March 2023. Watch for our upcoming schedule in the January 2023 Newsletter.
LAKE NORFORK STRIPER CLUB 2022 GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES
1. LNSC tournaments will be confined to the boundaries of Lake Norfork.
2. All U.S.C.G. and A.G.&F. rules and regulations must be followed.
3. Anyone ticketed for violation during the tournament will be disqualified and ineligible for club tournaments for 1 tournament.
4. Anyone breaking the tournament rules as set by the tournament committee will be disqualified and ineligible for tournaments for 1 tournament.
5. LNSC members in good standing and kids under 16 years old may fish club tournaments.
6. Kids must be registered and pay the same entry fee as adults. Kids compete as equals with adults and are eligible for the same prizes.
7. Professional Guides are not eligible for our Tournaments.
8. Starting times will be posted for each tournament on the tournament schedule. You may be on the water before official starting time but you may not have a line in the water until the starting time.
9. A minimum of 10 people are needed to hold a tournament. In the event that there are fewer than 10 entrants, the event will be cancelled. In the event a tournament is cancelled, all attempts will be made to hold it one week later.
10. For all tournaments, Stripers & Hybrids are treated equally, ie. 20 in. min. length.
11. Entry fee for all one day tournaments will be $10 per person. The entry fee for the two day tournaments will be $20 per person.
12. The payback at all tournaments will be 80% of the entry money: 40% for 1st place, 24% for 2nd place, 16% for 3rd place. Payout will only be for the places awarded. If no fish are weighed in for a category, all un-awarded entry fees will go to help defray the cost of Rod & Reel or optional cash prize, which will be awarded regardless of weigh-in results.
13. The Rod & Reel or optional cash drawing will be held at the weigh in. Registered and paid-up entrants must be present at the weigh in to get a ticket for the drawing.
14. All entrants must register with the tournament director no later than 5:00 p.m. of the evening before each tournament, either by e-mail, phone call, or in person.
15. If you register, you must pay even if you end up not fishing. Entrants may pay at the time of the weigh-in. If entry fees are not paid promptly, entrant will be ineligible to fish future tournaments until after delinquent payment is made. No refunds except for a cancelled tournament. All pre-paid entries for cancelled tournaments will be returned or credited toward the next scheduled tournament, your choice.
16. There will be a Point System to determine the “Angler of the Year” as follows:10 points to enter a tournament.
·1 point for each ounce of your total fish weight. Applies only to your largest fish in the single day tournaments. In 2 day tournaments, points will be awarded for up to a maximum of 3 fish total.
· Points will be awarded according to placing in the top 5 for each tournament: 10 points for 1st place; 8 points for 2nd place, 6 points for 3rd place, 4 points for 4th place; and 2 points for 5th place.
Rules and/or dates may be subject to change by the tournament committee if needed. Check the tournament schedule for more information. Decision of the judges is final.
If a storm approaches, play it safe and get to shelter. Use your own judgment.
Jim Wencker, interim tournament director: email: or 870-321-1031
Tournament results are covered in depth (no pun intended) in our monthly newsletters located on this website.